Friday 1 June 2012

Strawberry and Cream Cheesecake

Strawberries and Cream, you cannot get much more British then that. This weekend the United Kingdom is celebrating the Queens Diamond Jubilee. That's 60 years of Queen Lizzy's reign.
Thousands of Street Parties are in the making and the colours of the British Flag can be seen absolutely everywhere.
I have made a humble cheesecake to join in with the euphoria. Though I will be away on a work trip during the bank holiday. I must try and take my cake to work with me.


Ingredients:
12 Digestive Biscuits
100g melted Butter
300g tub Philadelphia
10 fresh British Strawberries, reserve 3 for decorating
400g tin sweetened condensed Milk
3 leaves Gelatine dissolved in 40ml Strawberry Liquor (heat gently to help the gelatin dissolve, but do not boil)
1 Lemon (juice only)
1 tsp natural sugar
Whipped Cream

Crush the Biscuits and mix with the melted Butter. Press this mixture into an 8 inch loose bottomed Cake tin, Refrigerate for an hour to set the base.
Meanwhile make the filling. Cut 7 of the strawberries into small chunks and sprinkle with the sugar. Leave them to sit until maceration takes place and the Strawberries absorb the sweetness and start to release their juices.
Mix the condensed Milk and Philadelphia until there are no more lumps, then add the macerated Strawberries, the Lemon Juice and dissolved Gelatin and mix again. Using gelatin is not necessary, but I quite like the texture it gives the filling as well as making it more stable for transporting to your street party or to work in my case.
Pour this mixture over the Base and leave to chill overnight.
Decorate with the remaining Strawberries and whipped cream.

Happy Jubilee Celebrations!



1 comment:

  1. I was eating my late lunch and had to stop to put my plate to the side. Wow, your cheesecake look great. Also like the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...