Saturday 31 March 2012

Renaissance Mediterraneo Hotel Naples

From a perspective like this one, location is everything. This hotel is so central to pretty much everything, you could build a spiderweb outwards to go anywhere. Though after staying in a variety of hotels in sunny Napoli, I wouldn't rate this one the very best. Not even close.

The rooms are a typical italian style hotel room that is stuck in the 'Godfather' days. The telly is of the old fashioned kind, the furniture doesn't just look but actually is retro style, but the most annoying thing is the two single beds pushed together to make a king size. I'm glad I'm not here on a Romantic Weekend Break. One would most definitely end up on the floor between the 2 beds.

The best asset the Renaissance Mediterraneo has however, is the roof top restaurant. I just had breakfast there and the views are just stunning. Vesuvius mysteriously clad in misty clouds, the city behind, rising steeply up against the rocky coastline and the marina with it's resident yachts and guest cruise liners give you plenty to marvel at. The best thing at the breakfast buffet are the fresh loafs of bread. Probably the yummiest chewy soft crunch I've ever tasted. With some Italian cheese, buttery scrambled egg, or wafer thin Italian salami, I think bacon can move over.
I have to mention also how I love the Italian attitude of the waiters/waitresses. They are probably not the friendliest, but certainly the proudest to serve. In this morning's instance, I was just wondering what dreadful thing might be occurring in my waitresses life for her to look so stern, when the next moment she came over and offered me another cappuccino. Rest my case.
Perhaps the most peculiar thing about this hotel are the lifts. Lifts? Really? You may wonder. Get in and try to figure out how to operate it. There are no buttons to press, no card to swipe, you can try talking to it (well it maybe voice activated), but ... I will let you work it out for yourself :-)
Now just one quick word about the other resident restaurant O'Break. The menu looks very interesting high end fancy cuisine, as do the prices, and thats all I have to say about that. We are in Napoli! So I am opting to go to the place where Pizza Margherita was invented. You can read all about it, 'cos that's what my next story will be.

Here the Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/napbr-renaissance-naples-hotel-mediterraneo/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...